Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Rock 'N India

So just for the record... on my last night in India, I saw Iron Maiden. it was rocktacular... took me right back to 1986 man. I was struck by several facts: 1) Iron Maiden still totally rock as hard as they ever did, 2) most of these songs were written before most of the Indian audience were born and 3) that did not stop everyone from enjoying the hell out of themselves.

The best part of the evening for me was discovering a new India rock band that I get a kick out of. Parikrama opened for Maiden, which was both a great opportunity as well as a difficult burden (as we were all chanting 'maiden! maiden!' between all of their songs. You can check them out, including a slew of MP3 downloads, here: http://www.parikrama.com/home.html

also while in India I met quite a few local musicians. One of the PMs at the company I was working with has a great band, MapleReed, with a video available on YouTube. Check it out! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrWuZJ0EsSI

they are trying to get into the top 20 list under www.worldsings.com support local music around the world (is that a contradiction?) and vote for them!


Rock on, brothers and sisters!

No comments:

Post a Comment