Saturday, June 20, 2009

Commercial Street

Sorry for the lack of blog posts, but its been an extremely busy trip. I have been working around the clock, in the office working local hours, then up late every night working Seattle hours. By Friday I was completely burned out by about 3pm, but we were trying to get some software builds and launch plans ready so I kept pushing through until our car came at 7. I have never been so happy to sleep after dinner... I put in my headphones and was dead to the world before the second song had finished...

On Saturday, we went to Commercial Street in Bangalore to do some shopping.

From Bangalore 2009.06.19



From Bangalore 2009.06.19


The first store we went too was a complete ripoff. Unfortunately I cannot do the currency conversion in my head so I didn't figure that out until it was too late. Luckily I was able to find some decent deals wandering the shops, especially this tiny little curiosity shop that was barely big enough for a single person to squeeze in, every square inch filled with statues of buddhas, Ganeshas, cruxifixes, etc. This was more the kind of shopping I expected in Bangalore.

From Bangalore 2009.06.19



From Bangalore 2009.06.19


From Bangalore 2009.06.19


BTW I took my first ride in an autorickshaw yesterday.

From Bangalore 2009.06.19

Honestly I didn't even have time to consider what was happening, I was on my way to lunch with some of the developers and they just hailed one and we jumped in. Its pretty crazy to be hanging out the side of one of these things in busy traffic, on what amounts to a minor highway. But it was fun... I wish I could get one for zipping around town back home ;^)

This pic demonstrates a common urban problem here:
From Bangalore 2009.06.19


Tomorrow Arun and I are off on a road trip, so I expect to have many pictures to share and a new post. Until then, peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment