Saturday, January 31, 2009

Polio, Typhoid and Malaria, o my!

Shots: so many shots I needed before my trip. Though I suppose if this is the most unpleasant part of the whole experience, its maybe not so bad. The nurse at the travel clinic did a good job of scaring me shitless though (probably worse for my honey, she is so worried about this trip!)

Hep A + B, tetanus, polio, Measles, typhoid, oh my!

I felt pretty awful for 3-4 days following all these innoculations. but I suppose the cure is better than the disease. however 1 lasting side effect that has been a real pain in the ass is what the doctor diagnosed as "benign positional vertigo." When I tilt my head any direction, for example getting up out of bed, up from a reclining chair, or just shaking my head around too much, the world starts to spin. I've actually fallen over a few times. this is going to be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment